Hot off the Press! View 5.3 Pieces are available to download.
I will have a couple of posts detailing the upgrade process from 5.2 in the next few weeks (holidays will slow this down) but for now here are the download links:
- Horizon View 5.3 Connection Server – MyVMware Account required
- Horizon View 5.3 Agent x86 – MyVMware Account required
- Horizon View 5.3 Agent x64 – MyVMware Account required
- Horizon Persona Management x86 – MyVMware Account required
- Horizon Persona Management x64 – MyVMware Acconut required
- Horizon View 5.3 Feature Pack 1 – MyVMware Account required
- Horizon View 5.3 Feature Pack 1 Release Notes
- Horizon View 5.3 Feature Pack 1 – Installation and Administration
- Horizon View 5.3 Agent Direct-Connection Plugin – MyVMware Account Required
- Horizon View 5.3 Agent Direct-Connection Plugin – Installation and Administration
- Horizon View Client Pieces – Windows/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android/Windows
- Horizon View 5.3 Client Documentation for Windows
- Horizon View 5.3 Release Notes
- Horizon View 5.3 Read Me
- Other Horizon View 5.3 Documentation will be updated as it becomes available
Quick overview of some of the features for Horizon View 5.3:
- vDGA is no longer Tech Preview, full support for NVIDIA GPU’s passed directly to VM’s
- VSAN Tech Preview – this will be a lot of fun to play around in the lab!
- Windows 8.1 Support
- Multimedia Redirection for H.264 media encoding
- View Blast protocol now supports Audio, Copy/Paste and GFX improvements (View 5.3 Feature Pack 1 and HTML Access install required)
- USB 3.0 Support (Thin/Zero Clients must have USB 3.0 for support)
- VCAI is fully supported (offload composer operations to your SAN – a dream come true!)
- iOS 7 – New View Client (released last week)
- and much more!
Andre Leibovici has a great article detailing what really is in View 5.3, you can find it here.